New professional learning opportunity for teachers
From the 10–15 of January 2016, forty-five like-minded teachers of science (both primary and secondary) will travel to Canberra to work with scientists, media and Questacon educators to strengthen their science teaching, improve their pedagogy, develop resources for their classrooms and be exposed to the latest cutting edge science that Australia has to offer.
- Explore and discover the world-leading science and technology happening in Canberra.
- Transform your STEM teaching with workshops that model pedagogical skills and that will support your delivery of the Australian Curriculum: Science.
- Create your own teaching resources, activities, demonstrations and strategies to engage and stimulate your students.
- Challenge yourself by working with scientists and Questacon staff to develop new ideas for the classroom.
- Be inspired by working with other teachers from across Australia.
- Be part of a supportive national network advocating STEM in the classroom.
STEM X Academy: Excellence in Teaching is the new benchmark in residential teacher professional learning. Find out more at http://asta.edu.au/programs/stemx