Teacher scholarship to National Science Teaching Association (NSTA) conference, Nashville USA. APPLY NOW!
Ever attended an international science education conference? Then here's your chance!
An Australian teacher will be given the opportunity to attend the National Science Teaching Association (NSTA) conference, Nashville USA 30 March - 3 April 2016.
This scholarship, made possible through grant-funding from Northrop Grumman, will sponsor a teacher to attend this landmark conference to share best practice, with travel, registration and subsistence included. It will be open throughout Australia.
This trip of a lifetime will begin with the Global Conversations Conference on Wednesday, 30th March 2016, followed by four full days of the NSTA national conference held Thursday through Sunday, 31 March to 3 April.
* is an experienced and qualified current teacher of science, with capacity in STEM education,
* has demonstrated high standards, commitment and effectiveness in their teaching,
* has supported the science teaching profession,
* has not received a previous financial award,
* has not had previous support for attending an international conference,
* has the capacity to speak at the conference, to network on behalf of Australian science teachers and to contribute to an Australian Science Teachers’ conference on their return.
Applicants are required to submit a CV and a completed application form. Download an application form below and submit to [email protected] by 5pm (AEDT) Thursday 25 February 2016.
PLEASE NOTE: ASTA will not be involved in the selection of the successful applicant. All applications will be forwarded to the International Council of Associations for Science Education (ICASE) to select the Australian winner.