Resources for SaleASTA also makes available some teaching-related resources for sale.
Teaching Science Concepts in Primary Schools by Rachel Sheffield & Geoff Quinton
Written by an experienced primary science educator and an Australian Curriculum: Science writer, this ebook empowers teachers to make informed decisions about the teaching of science to their students. It highlights and explains the key conceptual learning that underpins the content of the Australian Curriculum, unpacking the Science Understanding content descriptions and suggesting what the teaching of these could look like in a primary classroom. This ebook is designed to inform teachers not just what to teach, but why these key concepts are important, what prior and future learning should be considered and what difficulties and misconceptions students in their classes are likely to have.
- Develops an overview of each year showing the learning progression and links to prior and future learning
- Unpacks and identifies the key learning in Science Understanding at each year level (Years 3 – 6 inclusive)
- Articulates misconceptions students may possess
- Identifies possible inquiry questions and suggests a range of activities that could be considered
- Identifies key vocabulary
- Suggests how to gather evidence related to AC Achievement Standards
If you are unable to access the above online form for any reason, please download the following publication order form and send the completed form to email@example.com
- File Size: 99 KB
- File Type: PDF
- Download Publication order form.pdf
SPECTRA, or Science Program Exciting Children Through Research Activities, is a national science award program developed and administered by ASTA for students between Years 1 and 10.
To find out more about this resource, visit SPECTRA's own web page here.
Robotics and Coding
To support our schools and educators, ASTA has partnered with Aerobotics Global (ABG), an Australian company specialising in robotics and coding programs and kits for schools. The programs and kits provide schools and educators an opportunity to quickly integrate the world of robotics and coding into their annual teaching program. Schools and educators can either take the full offering where skilled staff from ABG support educators every step of the way or where schools just choose the most relevant options. ABG have been successfully running programs for several years with students who participated in the ABG programs going on to win several national awards.
To find out more about this offering from ABG, download the following presentation.
- File Size: 5 MB
- File Type: PDF
- Download Aerobotics Global Info Pack...