Seeking an editor for Teaching Science - the Journal of the Australian Science Teachers Association
Teaching Science is the flagship journal of the Australian Science Teachers Association. It is:
- a national publication with subscribers throughout Australia and overseas.
- a quarterly refereed journal of the highest integrity that includes material of interest to ALL sectors of the science education community.
Teaching Science aims to promote the teaching of science in all Australian primary and secondary schools by highlighting engaging and exemplary classroom practice. Additionally, Teaching Science contributes to the professional development of teachers of science by highlighting developments in the theory and practice of science teaching.
Roles and responsibilities
The Editor(s) of Teaching Science will
- Establish and maintain an effective Editorial Advisory and Peer Review Committee
- Source, write and edit copy for the journal
- Structure a journal that meets the needs of all ASTA members and assists in fulfilling the mission of the association
- Establish and maintain relationships and processes to ensure the timely production and delivery of the journal to members, external subscribers and partners, sponsors and critical friends.
- Prepare an annual report on the journal, including the functioning of the Editorial Committee and any recommendations, to be submitted a the annual Council meeting associated with CONASTA.
The Editors(s) can be based in any State or Territory of Australia.
For more information about this role, please email Vic Dobos at firstname.lastname@example.org