Six outstanding QLD pre-service teachers selected for the Step Up CONASTA Award
The Step Up project, led by the Queensland University of Technology in partnership with the Australian Catholic University, Griffith University, James Cook University and the University of Queensland, is providing six outstanding pre-service teachers with full scholarships to CONASTA 64 in Perth, July 5-9.
Congratulations Step Up CONASTA awardees:
- Karen Board – James Cook University
- Nick Davis-Poynter – Queensland University of Technology
- Alexandria Leighton – Queensland University of Technology
- Natalie Lund – Griffith University
- Gaylene McCauley – James Cook University
- Shawtima McLoughlan – Griffith University.
Each of these emerging science education leaders will act as Step Up ambassadors at CONASTA. They will have the opportunity to network with practising science teachers and scientists taking part in the conference, to exchange current knowledge and advocate for pre-service science teacher education, and will share their insights via the Step Up blog. More details are available in the attached press release and on the Step Up website.