TESEP Primary Teacher PD Workshop: RocksExpo 2-PD – INTRODUCING OUR DYNAMIC PLANET @ PYRAMID HILL
Professional Development Workshop Series in Earth and Environmental Science
Rocks (the teaching pack-rock kit) & Plate Tectonics
This PD is two for one!
- Rocks (and how to use the TESEP rock kit)
- Plate Tectonics
The RocksExpo experience includes:
1. Incursions – classroom lessons with students and teachers.
2. PD workshops – professional development workshops for teachers (introducing teaching resources for the school classroom, FREE to host-school teachers).
3. Certificate of attendance – A certificate of hours and workshop outcomes will be issued.
4. Introductory RocksExpo feature How to Use the Rock Kit and Teaching Pack (e.g. how to relate rock kit rocks to rock stories, 3D rendered samples, virtual thin sections and virtual outcrops).
5. Subsequent RocksExpo topics can be chosen from TESEP’s “The Challenging Earth” series (to be run once a year at host schools).
6. Excursions – possible trip to field outcrops, mine sites, minerals museums etc.
Presenter: Rob Kirk is a keen palaeontologist geologist, who has worked in industry as a consultant, travelling the world. His work in several states gives him many rock stories and samples to share.
School: Pyramid Hill College, Pyramid Hill Vic
Meeting Room: front office will direct attendees to meeting room
Date: Thu 30 March 2023, 3:30pm-6:00pm, PD for Primary & Secondary School teachers Rocks & Plate Tectonics
School Facilitator: Lizzie Fox