Employment at ASTA
EVENTS AND COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
- Six months contract commencing in August 2017
- Part time (20 hours per week – flexible arrangement)
- Based in Deakin with free parking
- Up to $30,000
Looking for a challenge and an opportunity to grow in a hands-on role?
We're on the hunt for an ultra organised, efficient, detail oriented, smart and upbeat addition to our small team. Ideally, we are looking for someone who has an interest in communications, marketing and events. The environment we work in is fast paced and there is no typical day. You will be involved in everything from strategy to implementation.
Supporting the Communication and Events Manager, the main responsibilities will be:
- Assisting with the coordination of in-house events
- Liaison with stakeholders including venues, delegates, external contractors
- Promotion and marketing of events to target audience
- Assisting with the development and implementation of social media strategies/plans
- General administration and project work as required
- Onsite work (from 7-12 January 2018 in Canberra)
The Australian Science Teachers Association (ASTA) is a professional member organisation that strives to support science teaching through the development of innovative, contemporary and relevant programs, events, products and services. ASTA offers a number of professional development programs including the STEM X Academy, a 5-day residential learning program, held in Canberra each January. This program has been running for two years with increasing success and in 2017 will be expanding to include some regional STEM X programs that will be held in different regions within Australia.
You will be expected to work comfortably in a fast paced environment, be a hard worker and prepared to take on any challenge. We're after a doer! You will ideally have previous experience in an administrative or office-based role, have good communication skills, attention to detail, and have had some exposure to events. You will also be comfortable with technology and quickly adapt to new programs and processes.
To be considered for this position you must submit your CV and cover letter detailing how you would best meet the requirements of this position. All applications should be sent to Louise Monge, Communication and Events Manager, Australian Science Teachers Association, [email protected], by no later than COB 6 August 2017.