Nominations for ASTA President 2020-2021
The position is a four-year term comprising:
- President Elect 2019 - induction phase
- President 2020-2021 - leadership phase
- Immediate Past President 2022- support phase
The person, who must be a current member of an ASTA-affiliated Science Teacher Association, will work with the ASTA Executive Committee to guide and lead the ASTA Board in the implementation of the ASTA Strategic Plan —Meeting the Challenge.
The position is voluntary — the successful nominee is offered a rewarding experience providing unique leadership, networking and professional development opportunities. The position is supported by an honorarium and the combined administrative, ICT and management support of the ASTA Secretariat based in Canberra.
Nominations open Wednesday 1 August 2018 and close on Sunday 30 September 2018
Please send nominations (including responses to selection criteria) to the ASTA Chief Executive Officer at [email protected].
Nominations must include the following:
- Name and membership number details of the nominee, their nominator and a seconder; and
- A maximum of two (2) typed pages addressing the job and person descriptions, and articulating the candidate’s previous experience and their vision for ASTA.
For further information download the position description and supporting statement template below: