TESEP PD Workshop: RocksExpo PD – INTRODUCING OUR DYNAMIC PLANET & FIELD TRIP @ PORTLAND
TESEP PRESENTS: AFTER SCHOOL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (PD) Professional Development Workshop Series in Earth and Environmental Science
Wet Rocks (water cycle, groundwater, artesian basins and porous/perm rocks)
Location: Portland Central School, Wolgan St, Portland NSW
Meeting Room: Staff common room (visiting teachers please check in at front office for directions)
Fri 4 Nov 2022, 7:30am-9:00am, PD Wet Rocks (Primary & Secondary School teachers) – School Facilitator: Leigh McLean
Sat 5 Nov 2022, 9:00am-11:00am, session 2: Fieldtrip, Rock Stories, Lithgow (stories of the rocks with worksheets with Q&A)
The RocksExpo experience includes:
1. Incursions – classroom lessons with students and teachers.
2. PD workshops – professional development workshops for teachers (introducing teaching resources for the primary school classroom, FREE to primary school teachers).
3. Certificate of attendance – A certificate of hours and workshop outcomes will be issued.
4. Introductory RocksExpo feature How to Use the Rock Kit and Teaching Pack (e.g. how to relate rock kit rocks to rock stories, 3D rendered samples, virtual thin sections and virtual outcrops).
5. Subsequent RocksExpo topics can be chosen from TESEP’s “The Challenging Earth” series (to be run once a year at host schools).
6. Excursions – possible trip to field outcrops, mine sites, minerals museums etc.
Presenters: Phil Gilmore is a keen ore geologist and Kevin Lanigan is an experienced sedimentary basin geologist. Their work in several states gives them many rock stories and samples to share.
Download the flyer and registration form here (PDF).