TESEP PD Workshop: RocksExpo 2-PD – INTRODUCING OUR DYNAMIC PLANET @ NARACOORTE
This PD is two for one!
- Rocks (and how to use the TESEP rock kit)
- Natural Hazards and Volcanoes
The RocksExpo experience includes–
1. Incursions – classroom lessons with students and teachers.
2. PD workshops – After-school professional development workshops for teachers (1- to 2-PD sessions @ $25 per attendee for visiting teachers, FREE to host-school teachers).
3. Certificate of attendance – A certificate of hours and workshop outcomes will be issued.
4. FREE rock kit – Host to receive a FREE rock kit and Plate Tectonics poster.
5. Introductory RocksExpo feature How to Use the Rock Kit and Teaching Pack (e.g. how to relate rock kit rocks to rock stories, 3D rendered samples, virtual thin sections and virtual outcrops).
6. Subsequent RocksExpo topics can be chosen from TESEP’s “The Challenging Earth” series (to be run once a year at host schools).
7. Excursions – possible trip to local field outcrops (dev a guide for teachers) – on request
Presenter: Rob Kirk is a keen palaeontologist geologist, who has worked in industry around the world. His work in several states gives him many exciting rock and fossil examples to share.
Location: Held on site. NHS Library, Naracoorte High School, Stewart Terrace, Naracoorte
Date: Mon 24 Oct 2022
3:45pm – 5:15pm – Critical Minerals (electric cars/wind turbine magnets/touch screens, solar panels),
5:15pm – 5:30pm – Supper
5:30-6:15pm – Rocks (& How to Use the Rock Kit)
Download the flyer and registration form here (PDF).