Science ASSIST is a new and innovative national online advisory service for school science educators and technicians. It will be freely available to ALL Australian schools from ALL education jurisdictions and sectors in EVERY state and territory. Science ASSIST is managed by the Australian Science Teachers Association (ASTA) in consultation with Science Education Technicians Australia (SETA). It is funded by the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR).
Science ASSIST will provide:
- expert, up-to-date information on high-quality teaching and learning resources
- support for teachers in the implementation of the Australian Curriculum: Science
- consistent and authoritative advice on all aspects of school laboratory safety, management and design
- support for school laboratory technicians and teachers in the delivery of stimulating and practical science activities.
Advice will be provided by an expert national advisory team with extensive collective experience across all areas of science. An extensive range of educationally sound and safety-compliant practical activities for a hands-on, inquiry based study of science in school science laboratories and classrooms will be made available.
Thank you to all 1902 respondents of the Science ASSIST preliminary survey that closed in late September. The information received has provided the management team with some insights into those areas we have identified as strategic implications. Results and analysis of the survey and the strategic implications can be found in the document below.
Each month the Science ASSIST project operations group will send out an e-newsletter with information regarding the progress of the Science ASSIST project. To be placed on the mailing list to receive this e-newsletter, please contact Delese Brewster firstname.lastname@example.org. Word document version of the newsletters can be downloaded below.
- File Size: 367 KB
- File Type: DOCX
- Download E-newsletter_1.docx
- File Size: 391 KB
- File Type: DOCX
- Download E-newsletter_2 (ex-images)....